It’s no surprise that a collection of paradisiacal islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean have inspired a wealth of Hawaii quotes, proverbs, and Hawaiian sayings.
With their pristine white sand beaches, lava-forged landscapes, and a culture founded on aloha, the Hawaiian Islands have long captured the hearts of visitors and kama‘aina (residents) alike.
Whether you’re looking for some Hawaii Instagram captions to pair with your latest vacation photos, or some quotes about Hawaii to transport you away in a tropical daydream, this guide has you covered!
Are you here because you’re planning a trip to Hawaii? If so, you can browse titles for our most popular Hawaiian island trip planners and queue up any of the one(s) that apply to your holiday:
- Printable Hawaii Packing List (+25 clever things to bring)
- 5-7 Day OAHU Itinerary
- 5-7 Day MAUI Itinerary
- 5 Day BIG ISLAND Itinerary
- 7 Day BIG ISLAND Itinerary
- 5-7 Day KAUAI Itinerary
📧 Want to use any of the graphics in this post? Just shoot us an email!
Disclosure: In order to keep providing you with free content, this post likely contains affiliate links. If you make a booking or purchase through one of these links we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. So a HUGE thank you to you if you click one of these links 🙂
🏝 Famous Quotes About Hawaii
There’s something eternally magical about a visit to the Hawaiian Islands. Whether visiting Hawaii for your first time or the hundredth, the islands always promise an incredible adventure.
No one is alone with their love for Hawaii, as these famous Hawaii quotes prove!
- “Coming to Hawaii is like going from black and white to color.” – John Richard Stephens, The Hawaii Bathroom Book
- “Let the old men, the old women, and the children go and sleep on the wayside; let them not be molested.” – King Kamehameha I
- “Hawaii is a paradise – and I can never cease proclaiming it. But I must append one word of qualification: Hawaii is a paradise for the well-to-do.” – Jack London
- “Any frequent visitor to Hawaii is fixated on mapping how the islands have changed since their last visit.” – Hanya Yanagihara
- “Hawaii is the island of big dreams for both islanders and guests. Those dreams born in paradise can indeed come true.” – Sharon Linnea, Princess Ka’iulani: Hope of a Nation, Heart of a People
- “Hawaii is not a state of mind, but a state of grace.” – Paul Theroux
- “The only good thing about leaving Hawaii is that you really appreciate it when you return.” – John Richard Stephens, The Hawaii Bathroom Book
- “Hawaiian English is like kahiko, the ancient dance, the kanaka dance of tradition, she says, harsh moves, slaps, and full of pounding force.” – Garrett Hongo, Volcano: A Memoir of Hawaii
- “People should know that Hawaii is a country and should be respected as such. Because it was forcibly annexed to the United States does not mean that it is the US, except by conquest.” – Alice Walker
- “Hawaiian music is the roots of the Hawaiian people. It tells the history of where we came from. Not having Hawaiian music in my life would be like losing half of my body – because Hawaiian music helps me be a better person.” – Kevin Brown
🏖 Short Hawaii Quotes
Not everything has to be poetic and profound. This section is for those occasions when you just need a short and sweet Hawaii quote…
- “Hawaii is a paradise born of fire.” – Rand McNally
- “The history of Hawaii may be seen as a story of arrivals.” – Susanna Moore
- “Being in Hawaii, it’s almost impossible not to be fit, I think.” – Henry Ian Cusick
- “Beating the drums for Hawaii is not hard to do – the place just grows on you.” – James MacArthur
- “Hawaii is paradise. It sounds cheesy to say it, but there’s music in the air there.” – Bruno Mars
- “Even the sweetness of a freshly cut pineapple from Hawaii is a sermon.” – J. A. Medders
- “I have always been proud to have been born in Hawaii.” – Barack Obama
- “Most of what Hawaii has to offer is no secret. Pipeline is probably the most famous wave in the world.“ – Kelly Slater
- “You haven’t been to paradise if you haven’t been to Hawaii.” – Bruno Mars
🌈 Hawaii Captions for Instagram
You’ve got the perfect Hawaii Instagram photo, now comes that surprisingly hard part; finding the perfect caption to go with it.
Make your life easy and pick one of these Hawaii captions for Instagram to perfectly complement your photo.
- Somewhere over the rainbow.
- I left my heart in Hawaii.
- Be the Aloha you wish to see in the world.
- I’d rather be in Hawaii.
- Hawaii is the land of everyday rainbows.
- Headed to Hawaii, be back never.
- Surf days and Hawaiian leis.
- There’s no problem so big that a trip to Hawaii can’t solve.
- A bad day in Hawaii is better than a good day anywhere else.
- Home is where the Aloha is.
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a ticket to Hawaii and that’s pretty much the same thing.
- Live, love, Aloha.
- Aloha state of mind.
- If found, please return to Hawaii.
- A pineapple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Follow me to Hawaii.
🐢 Humorous Hawaii Instagram Captions
Still not found the perfect Hawaii Instagram caption for your photos? Try some of these humorous IG captions for Hawaii posts.
- Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should go to Hawaii.
- Hawaii is my therapy.
- Living that Hawaii life.
- Keep calm and go to Hawaii.
- Hawaii is always a good idea.
- Alohas, leis, and Hawaii days.
- Hawaii: The Rainbow State.
- Flowers in my hair, Hawaii in the air.
- The only remedy for snow is Hawaii.
- You can never have too much Hawaii.
- I’d rather have Hawaiian seashells than snowflakes.
- Hawaiian food is so good, it can make your stomach smile.
- Aloha, beaches!
- Hawaii is calling, and I must go.
- Alexa, take me back to Hawaii.
- No rain, no rainbows.
🌊 Funny Hawaii Puns
If you’re in Hawaii then chances are you’re already in vacay mode. If not, you can still enjoy the lighter side of life with these funny Hawaii puns.
So without further ado, let’s dive right in (insert face slap emoji).
- You can find me lei-zing on the beach in Hawaii!
- I’m gonna mahalo at you in a bit.
- You had me at Aloha.
- I can’t wait to Maui you.
- Hawaii is all about the lei-d back lifestyle.
- All I need is a good dose of vitamin sea.
- Hana nice day!
- Oahu doin’?
- See ya lei-ter Hawaii!
- Where in Hawaii do you want to go? Can you be more Pacific?
- Here today, gone to Maui.
- Lei-ing low in Hawaii.
- Waikiki, do you love me?
- Diamond Head is a girl’s best friend.
- Tropic like it’s hot.
- Life is swell.
- Aloha, is it me you’re looking for?
- Keep palm and carry on.
- Just lei-ing around.
🌋 Hawaiian Volcano Puns
Witnessing molten lava and new earth forming is truly a magical experience, and one that should definitely be included on your Big Island itinerary.
While the Big Island has the most visible signs of current activity, the volcanic nature that created life on these islands can be seen throughout all of Hawaii.
These Hawaii volcano puns provide a fun play on words to accompany your photos.
- I lava you.
- Hawaii rocks.
- It’s hard not to get crater-ed away in Hawaii.
- Hawaii blew me away.
- In Hawaii, the volcanos are always int-erupting.
- The views are in-crater-ble in Hawaii.
- I came to Hawaii to let off some steam.
- The decision to come to Hawaii this year was magma-nimous
- I lava Hawaii.
- In Hawaii, you’ve got to just go with the flow.
- Hiking on volcanoes in Hawaii is a blast.
- Let’s play a game of Truth or Caldera.
- Make lava not war.
🍍 Funny Hawaiian Food Puns
Hawaii really does have it all. Not only does it have spectacular beaches and landscapes, it is also home to some of the best food!
If you love Hawaiian food, you’ll love indulging in these puns.
- You are the pineapple of my eye.
- Feeling fine-apple.
- In Hawaii, it’s impossible to feel lou lou-sey!
- I’m never haupia than when I’m in Hawaii!
- Hawaii never goes out of passion fruit.
- Mai Thais are mai kinda thing.
- Don’t play poi with me.
- I’m just squidding around.
- Poke bowls: Gotta catch ’em all
📷 Hawaii Quotes for Instagram
We’ve covered the captions, but If you’re looking for a Hawaii quote for Instagram, then this is the section for you!
- “In the beginning, there was only ocean.” – Disney’s Moana
- “I would rather live one day in Maui than one month in New York.” – Charles Lindbergh
- “Aloha Hawaii, goodbye snow.” – Steven Magee
- “Let the waves hit your feet, and the sand be your seat.” – Unknown Author
- “May there always be Tradewinds behind you, Rainbows above you, and Aloha all around you.” – Kauai blessing
- “I wish that the earth, sea, and the sky up above; Will send me someone to lava.” – Disney’s Lava
- “May there always be warmth in your Hale (house), fish in your net, and Aloha in your heart.” – Hawaiian blessing
- “Eventually, I want to move to Hawaii and chill forever.” – Riley Keough
- “You can find happiness right where you are.” – Disney’s Moana
🌅 Beautiful Quotes From Hawaii
While there is rarely a bad time for a pun, sometimes you want something with a little more heart. This section focuses on poetic, beautiful quotes from Hawaii.
- “The loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored in any ocean.” – Mark Twain
- “I feel very honored that the Hawaiian spirits chose to contact me.” – Steven Magee
- “Incredible as it might seem, Hawaii is like a gigantic raft, drifting slowly with the centuries.” – Terence Barrow, Incredible Hawaii
- “Hawaii is still the single most frequent fantasy destination, not because of political stability or conveniences, but because Hawaii seduces the imagination. It’s the perfect postcard – no props, no fillers.” – Robert Wintner, Snorkel Bob’s Reality (& Get Down) Guide to Hawaii
- “For me, the magic of Hawaii comes from the stillness, the sea, the stars.” – Joanne Harris
- “Hawaii is the only place in the 50 states where you can see the stars of the entire northern and southern hemispheres.” – John Richard Stephens, The Hawaii Bathroom Book
- “Whether a visitor or kama‘aina (resident), the beauty of the Hawaiian Islands inspires the heart and mind.”
- “I believe Hawaii is the most precious jewel in the world.” – Don Ho
- “If you look at a map, you see that Hawaii is in the middle of nowhere. It’s 17 hours of straight flying from London. It’s very far away, and sometimes you feel as if you’re on another planet. But I like that.” – Paul Theroux
- “Mount Kilauea spilled glowing lava-like cords of orange neon-lighting from seemingly nowhere. In the blackness that engulfed the night, electric heat lit flowing streams that fell into the sea, disappearing in a cloud of steam with a sizzling splash.” – Victoria Kahler, Capturing the Sunset
- “Everywhere I went in the wild corners of Hawaii, I found that the biology was as astonishing as the beauty. The landscapes have value beyond the enchantment of a waterfall or the surreal drama of an expanse of slick rock with bits of green life taking hold. Exploring these islands intrigues the mind and stirs the imagination, for nature in Hawaii is at her most inventive and extravagant best.” – Cynthia Russ Ramsay, Hawaii’s Hidden Treasures
🐬 Quotes About the Beauty of Hawaii
These Hawaii quotes speak of the beauty of the islands. Even before you set foot on the islands, you’ll witness their breathtaking beauty from above – so make sure you get a window seat!
- “See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me. And no one knows, how far it goes.” – Disney’s Moana
- “Hawaii is like an isolated jewel set in the vastness of the Pacific Ocean. And like facets of a gem, the islands have their own unique qualities. Travelers who take the time to look beyond their obvious beauty will discover a chain of islands that is at once lush and stark, modern and ancient, simple and exotic.” – Rita Ariyoshi, Hawaii
- “The beauty of Hawaii probably surpasses other places. I like the Big Island and the two mountains, Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, where you can look out at the stars.” – Buzz Aldrin
- “I went to Maui to stay a week and remained five. I never spent so pleasant a month before, or bade any place goodbye so regretfully. I have not once thought of business, or care or human toil or trouble or sorrow or weariness, and the memory of it will remain with me always.“ – Mark Twain
- “For me personally, snorkeling in a cove in Hawaii, floating along, and looking at all the animals and the colors – I mean, that’s pretty peaceful.” – Stephen Hillenburg
- “Growing up here in Hawaii, I loved swimming, surfing and having fun in this paradise we are lucky to call home. But I gradually realized that I was actually happiest when I was doing things for other people, doing things to protect our water, oceans and beaches.” – Tulsi Gabbard
- “Summer in Honolulu brings the sweet smell of mangoes, guava, and passionfruit, ripe for picking; it arbors the streets with the fiery red umbrellas of poinciana trees and decorates the sidewalks with the pink and white puffs of blossoming monkeypods. Cooling trade winds prevail all summer, bringing what the old Hawaiians called makani ‘olu’ ‘olu – ‘fair wind’.” – Alan Brennert, Honolulu
🌴 Funny Hawaii Quotes
These funny Hawaii quotes are some of my personal favorites. Life is often far too serious and these quotes encompass the lighter side of things.
- “Hawaii is the only place I know where they lay flowers on you while you are alive.” – Will Rogers, The Wit and Wisdom of Will Rogers
- “Oh, wedding in Hawaii! Real original!” – Forgetting Sarah Marshall Movie
- “Hawaii can be heaven and it can be hell.” – Jeff Goldblum
- “Sarah Marshall: ‘I think that Hawaii is a place to escape for people who can’t deal with the real world.’
Rachel Jansen: ‘Yeah, you know, there’s so few personal shoppers and pet therapists. Gosh, it’s such a hard life.'” – Forgetting Sarah Marshall Movie
- “Hawai’i has often been called a melting pot, but I think of it more as a ‘mixed plate’–a scoop of rice with gravy, a scoop of macaroni salad, a piece of mahi-mahi, and a side of kimchi.” – Alan Brennert, Honolulu
- “Chasing kids on the beach and sleeping is the closest I come to exercising while in Hawaii.“ – Adam Scott
- “At the end of the world the sunset is like a child smashing a pack of crayons into God’s face.” – Craig Stone, Life Knocks (referencing sunset in Kauai)
- You know you’re from Hawaii when you buy food from strangers in a white van.
- “I don’t see myself as the next Carmen Dell’Orefice. I’d rather be fat and happy, sitting on a beach in Hawaii eating pizza.” – Marie Helvin
- “When life hands you lemons, just say, ‘F**k the lemons,’ and bail.” – Forgetting Sarah Marshall Movie
🌺 Hawaii Quotes About Aloha
Aloha is an important word in Hawaii. Not only is it used as a greeting and as a word for love, but also as a set of values and principles to live by.
The spirit of aloha teaches lessons of peace, kindness, compassion and responsibility to future generations.
These Hawaii quotes about aloha share important sentiments about these values.
- Aloha is a value, one of unconditional love.
- “You don’t have to live in Hawaii – or even be Hawaiian – to embrace the Aloha Spirit.” – Mark Ellman, Practice Aloha: Secrets to Living Life Hawaiian Style
- “Aloha seeks to do good, with no conditions attached.“ – Rev. Abraham K. Akaka
- “Aloha can be found in the most surprising places at the most unlikely times. You just have to have an open heart and mind to recognize it!” – Mark Ellman
- “That greeting is Aloha – love, I love you, my love to you. Good day – what is it more than an impersonal remark about the weather? How do you do – it is personal in a merely casual interrogative sort of way. But Aloha! It is a positive affirmation of the warmth of one’s own heart-giving. My love to you! I love you! Aloha!” – Jack London, Stories of Hawaii
- “Aloha consists of this new attitude of heart, above negativism, above legalism. It is the unconditional desire to promote the true good of other people in a friendly spirit, out of a sense of kinship.” – Rev. Abraham K. Akaka
- “A person who has the spirit of Aloha loves even when the love is not returned.” – Rev. Abraham K. Akaka
- “For those who make Hawaii their home, aloha means much more than a hello and good-bye greeting. It goes way back to the old Hawaiian traditions, and it means a mutual regard and affection of one person for another without any expectation of something in return. Translation: it means you do something from the pureness of your heart.” – Bethany Hamilton, Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board
- Aloha is the outpouring and receiving of the spirit.
- “All together now their lava grew and grew; No longer are they all alone; With Aloha as their new home.” – Disney’s Lava
✨ Quotes About Hawaiian Life & Culture
With over 1600 years of history, Hawaii has a unique and fascinating culture. These quotes about Hawaiian life capture some of that beautiful Hawaiian culture slowly being lost.
- “Hula is the language of the heart and, therefore, the heartbeat of the Hawaiian people.” – King David Kalakaua
- “Nature is where it all begins for the Hawaiians. In fact, they call themselves keiki o ka ‘aina, the ‘children of the land’.” – M. J. Harden, Voice of Wisdom Hawaiian Elders Speak
- “The Hawaiian people have been from time immemorial lovers of poetry and music and have been apt in improvising historic poems, songs of love, and chants of worship.” – Lydia Kamekeha Liliuokalani
- “We, the Hawaiian people, who are born from the union of Papahānaumoku and Wakea, Earth mother and sky father, and who have lived in these islands for over 100 generations, will always have the moral right to the lands of Hawaii now and forever, no matter what any court says.” – Lilikalā K. Kame’eleihiwa
- “In Hawaii, we have something called ho’oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance.” – Duane Chapman
- “I grew up in a musical family; the majority of my growing up was done in Hawaii. It’s what we do. You sing, you dance, you play ukulele and you drink.” – Dwayne Johnson
- “We honor the dead by talking stories, and keeping their wailua alive, their spirit, with Aloha.” – Finding Ohana Movie
- “It’s nice to live on an island with no large cities.” – Disney’s Lilo & Stitch
🥰 Hawaiian Family Quotes and Sayings
Hawaiians are some of the kindest and most welcoming people on Earth. The idea of ohana (family) isn’t just about close blood relations, but all those who you choose to make family. It’s no surprise that so many Hawaiian sayings revolve around family.
- “No one has family in Hawaii. Everyone is family in Hawaii.” – Richie Norton
- “Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind.” – Disney’s Lilo & Stitch
- ‘Ike aku, ‘ike mai. Kōkua aku, kōkua mai. Pēlā ka nohona ‘ohana.
Translation: Watch, observe. Help others and accept help. That is the family way.
- Ohana is a human circle of complete Aloha.
- “Hawaii is a beautiful place to bring up a family.” – Henry Ian Cusick
- “There are a few places around the country, north shore of Oahu would be one that I would point to, where people really look out for each other; it’s a real local sort of a place and once you’re in that sort of ohana, or that family, everybody kind of looks out for each other.” – Michael Raymond-James
- ʻOhana: Those who are family, and those you choose to call your family.
🐢 Hawaiian Proverbs
ʻŌlelo noʻeau are beautiful Hawaiian proverbs or wise sayings.
There are thousands of ʻōlelo noʻeau for all different times in life. The three sections below include some of the best Hawaiian proverbs with both the original saying in Hawaiian as well as English translations.
If you find these speak to you, check out the book Olelo Noeau: Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings Kindle Edition by Mary Kawena Pukui. This incredible resource has documented thousands of Hawaiian sayings, along with translations and meanings that help preserve and honor Hawaiian culture.
- O Hawaii no ka aina maikai.
Translation: After all, Hawaii is the best land.
- Aia ke ola i ka hana.
Translation: Life is in labor.
- A’ohe hana nui ka alu’ia.
Translation: No task is too big when done together.
- Ku’ia kahele aka na’au ha’aha’a.
Translation: A humble person walks carefully so as not to hurt others.
- Mōhala i ka wai ka maka o ka pua.
Translation: Unfolded by the water are the faces of flowers.
- Ola i ka wai a ka ʻōpua.
Translation: There is life in the water from the clouds.
- He ali’i ka āina; he kauwā ke kanaka.
Translation: The land is chief; man is its servant.
- Ua ka ua, ola ka nohona o ka ʻāina kula.
Translation: The rain pours, life comes to the plains.
- Ua ma uke ea o ka ‘āina I ka pono.
Translation: The life of the land is preserved in righteousness.
- Nana ka maka, ho’olohe ka pepeiao, pa’a ka waha, hana ka lima.
Translation: Observe with the eyes, listen with the ears, don’t talk, work with your hands.
- ‘U’uku ka hana, ‘u’uku ka loa’a.
Translation: Little work, little gain.
- Uwē ka lani, ola ka honua.
Translation: When the sky weeps, the earth lives. (When it rains the earth revives.)
- Aia nō i ke kō a ke au.
Translation: Wherever the current takes us.
- Komo mai kāu māpuna hoe.
Translation: Put in your dip of the paddle. (Pitch in.)
🏄🏾♀️ Inspirational Hawaiian Sayings
- He kāʻeʻaʻeʻa pulu ʻole no ka heʻenalu.
Translation: A good surfer will not get wet.
- E hele me ka pu’olo.
Translation: Make every person, place or condition better than before, always.
- Mahalo i ka mea i loaʻa.
Translation: Be thankful for what you have.
- Pūpūkāhi i holomua.
Translation: Unite in order to progress.
- He kawa ia naʻu i lele a ʻopu.
Translation: That is a diving place in which I dived without making a splash. (Said of something that is easy to do because one is accustomed to doing it.)
- ʻAʻa i ka hula, waiho ka hilahila i ka hale.
Translation: When one wants to dance the hula, let bashfulness be left at home.
- ʻAʻohe hana i nele i ka uku.
Translation: No deed lacks a reward.
- He lohe ke ola, he kuli ka make.
Translation: To hear is life, to turn a deaf ear is death. (It pays to heed sound advice.)
- E ʻai i ka mea i loaʻa.
Translation: What you have, eat. (Be satisfied with what you have.)
- He liʻiliʻi ka ʻuku lele, naue naʻe kino nui.
Translation: A flea may be small but it can make a big body squirm.
- Ma ka hana ka ʻike.
Translation: Knowledge is in the work.
- Lawe i ka ma’alea a ka ‘ono’ono.
Translation: Acquire skill and make it deep.
- E wehe i ka umauma i ākea.
Translation: Open out the chest that it may be spacious. (Be generous and kind to all.)
- Ele’ele Hilo ē, panopano i ka ua hana mao ‘ole.
Translation: Dark is Hilo, clouded with the rain. (Hilo is always rainy.)
- Hoʻokahi nō lā o ka malihini.
Translation: A stranger only for a day. (After the first day as a guest, one must help with the work.)
🌄 Hawaiian Sayings About Life
- Oi kau ka lau, E hana I ola Honua.
Translation: Live your life while the sun’s still shining.
- ʻAʻohe hana nui ke alu ‘ia.
Translation: No task is too big when done together by all.
- Aia ke ola i ka waha; aia ka make i ka waha.
Translation: Life is in the mouth; death is in the mouth. (Spoken words can enliven, spoken words can destroy.)
- E kuahui like i ka hana.
Translation: Let everybody pitch in and work together.
- He po’i na kai uli, kai ko’o,‘a‘ohe hina pūko‘a.
Translation: Though the sea be deep and rough, the coral rock remains standing. (Said of one who remains calm in the face of difficulty.)
- Ku pākū ka pali o Nihoa i ka makani.
Translation: The cliff of Nihoa stands as a resistance against the wind. (Said of one who stands bravely in the face of misfortune.)
- E kūlia i ka nu’u.
Translation: Strive to reach the highest.
- Hoʻokahi ka ʻilau like ʻana.
Translation: Wield the paddles together. (Work together.)
- ʻAʻohe pau ka ʻike i ka hālau hoʻokahi.
Translation: All knowledge is not taught in the same school.
- E lawe i ke aʻo a mālama, a e ʻoi mau ka naʻauao.
Translation: He who takes his teachings and applies them increases his knowledge.
- Aia i ka ʻōpua ke ola: he ola nui, he ola laulā, he ola hohonu, he ola kiʻekiʻe.
Translation: Life is in the clouds: great life, broad life, deep life, elevated life. (The reader of omens knows by their shape and color whether clouds promise rain and prosperity, or warn of disaster.)
- Ka hana a ka mākua, o ka hana no ia a keiki.
Translation: What parents do, children will do.
- Ma ka hana ka ʻike.
Translation: In working one learns.
- Mai makaʻu i ka hana, makaʻu i ka moloā.
Translation: Don’t fear work, fear laziness.
- ʻUmia ka hanu.
Translation: Hold the breath. (Be patient. Don’t give up too easily.)
💕 Hawaiian Phrases About Love
- Kahuna nui hale kealohalani makua.
Translation: Love all you see, including yourself.
- Aloha mai nō, aloha aku: ʻo ka huhū ka mea e ola ʻole ai.
Translation: When love is given, love should be returned; anger is the thing that gives no life.
- Aloha au iā ‘oe.
Translation: I love you.
- Ua ola loko i ke aloha.
Translation: Love gives life within.
- He kehau ho`oma`ema`e ke aloha.
Translation: Love is like a cleansing dew.
- Pili kau pili ho’oilo.
Translation: Together in the dry season, together in the wet season. (Said of loving companionship.)
- E aloha kekahi i kekahi.
Translation: Love one another.
- Ua kuluma ke kanaka i ke aloha.
Translation: It is natural for people to behave in a loving way.
- He ‘olina leo ka ke aloha.
Translation: Joy is in the voice of love.
- I ho’okahi kahi ke aloha.
Translation: Be one in love.
- E hoomau maua kealoha.
Translation: May our love last forever.
- ‘A ‘ohe loa i ka hana a ke aloha.
Translation: Distance is ignored by love.
🤔 FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE 200+ BEST Hawaii QUOTES
The two of us work very hard to create these free travel guides to help you plan your dream vacation. If you think we’ve done a good job and would like to say thanks, please consider clicking the donate button below 🙂
We absolutely love Hawaii and hope that these Hawaii quotes may have inspired you to plan your next Hawaii vacation, or even just to complete that tropical Instagram post!
Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram if you use any of them – we love seeing your photos and sharing them!
- HAWAII PACKING LIST: Printable Checklist of Essentials & Overlooked Items
- BEST THINGS TO DO ON HAWAII: The Ultimate Hawaii Bucket List (printable!)
- TRIP TO HAWAII COST REVIEW: How to budget for a Hawaii vacation
- PHOTOGRAPHING HAWAII: Photography Tips & Best Locations for Each Island
- BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN HAWAII: Top 25 Destinations
- BEST BEACHES OF HAWAII: RED, GREEN, & BLACK Sand Beaches!
- HAWAII ITINERARIES: Guides to ALL islands and ANY trip duration
Don’t forget to check out our other travel quotes blog for more inspiration:
- 200+ Beach Quotes and Captions
- 145+ Quotes About the Ocean
- 275+ Nature Quotes and Captions for Instagram
- Top Mountain Quotes
- 130+ Sunset Captions for Instagram
- Road Trip Quotes to Inspire Wanderlust
- 160+ Best Waterfall Quotes and Captions
- 120+ Quotes About Hiking