WRITTEN BY: Sophie Clapton, Travel photographer and nature lover.
Facebook | Instagram
Whether climbing mountains, chasing waterfalls, hiking through the forest, watching the sunset, or just taking a breath of fresh air in your backyard, nature has a way of revitalizing the soul.
While you may be able to capture the beauty of the great outdoors in a photo, finding the perfect nature captions for Instagram to accompany it can be more of a challenge!
We’ve scoured the internet in search of the best quotes about nature, as well as nature photo captions.
In this list, you’ll find over 275 of the best nature quotes. This includes everything from funny nature captions to quotes on the beauty of nature, inspiring nature quotes, and one word nature captions.
Additionally, we’ve even created a whole section of entirely original nature quotes and captions! Feel free to use these original quotes, but please tag our website when you do 🙂
Disclosure: In order to keep providing you with free content, this post likely contains affiliate links. If you make a booking or purchase through one of these links we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. So a HUGE thank you to you if you click one of these links 🙂
🌻 Original Nature Quotes From We Dream of Travel
Everywhere we looked, we found the same quotes used over and over again. So we decided to come up with some of our own!
Here are some nature quotes you won’t find anywhere else on the internet! These are all original, unique quotes about nature that have been taken from journals, conversations we’ve had, or thought up while out exploring together.
If you use these quotes on social media, please don’t forget to tag us! Or if you’d like to use any of our graphics on your website just send us an email first!
- “How gracious is nature to begin every day with a reminder of its beauty and conclude it with equal glory.” – We Dream of Travel
- “Vanity dies on nature trails.” – We Dream of Travel
- “We’re constantly shown the “real world” on our screens but we come face to face with the real world out on the trail.” – We Dream of Travel
- “I love that moment in a hike when you snap to and suddenly realize for the last 10 minutes you’ve not been observing nature but have instead become a part of it.” – We Dream of Travel
- “You may meditate more than you know. That moment where your mind stopped and you just watched the sunset… that is meditation.” – We Dream of Travel
- “Living without a care, with mud on my boots and the wind in my hair.” – We Dream of Travel
- “The sound of a waterfall is nature’s lullaby.” – We Dream of Travel
- “What a funny world we live in when we won’t turn our phones off but we get excited to see we’ve ventured far enough into nature to lose service.”– We Dream of Travel
- “Sunset has a way of stopping everything else for one fleeting moment.” – We Dream of Travel
- “The great thing about reaching the top of the mountain is realizing that there’s space for more than one person. And you’re now in the prime position to help others up.” – We Dream of Travel
- “ I like to imagine that flash of the setting sun as it hits the horizon is the spark that lights the stars.” – We Dream of Travel
- “I could see the sun moving, but not its motion… and then I realized the same could be said for life.” – We Dream of Travel
🌿 Short Nature Captions
Sometimes you just need a short and sweet caption without the extra fluff!
These short nature captions are perfect for those moments when less is more.
- Be a force of nature.
- Get lost in nature.
- Adventure awaits.
- Seek adventure.
- Powered by nature.
- Love her but leave her wild
- Life hurts, nature heals.
- Into the wild.
- Sometimes nature is all you need.
- Another day, another grand adventure.
- Adopt the pace of nature.
- A wild adventure.
- Just go explore.
- Stay close to nature.
- Let the adventure begin…
- Nature vibes.
- Nature is my medicine.
- Life is wild.
- There is no better designer than nature.
🌲 Simple Nature Captions for Instagram
These nature captions for Instagram are for those that want something a little longer but still straight to the point. Along with the best travel photography hashtags, they’ll help improve your Instagram game!
- Let’s wander where the Wi-Fi is weak.
- Let your heart be your compass.
- Breath in the wild air.
- More adventure, less worry.
- Bloom where you are planted.
- Mother nature has the best box of crayons.
- Adopt the pace of nature.
- Always say yes to adventure.
- Never lose your sense of wonder.
- Allowing nature to slow me down.
- Life is a collection of moments like this.
- Wonder. Wander. Repeat.
- Time spent in nature is never wasted.
- All good things are wild and free.
- Sky above, earth below, peace within.
- Admire the stories nature tells you.
- Mother Nature putting on a show.
- Nature is not on the internet.
- The world is ours to explore.
- Let’s find some beautiful place to get lost.
🌎 Exploring Nature Captions
If you’re anything like me, finding the right Instagram caption is the hardest part of the ‘gram.
Make your life easy and pick one of these great exploring nature captions to perfectly complement your photo.
- Escape the ordinary.
- Go where you feel most alive.
- Find me where the wild things are.
- Roam far & wide.
- Never stop exploring.
- There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- It’s a big world out there… Explore.
- Go with the flow of nature.
- If you need me, I’ll be outside.
- Soothing my soul with nature.
- Once in a while go somewhere that is unspoiled by man.
- Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.
- Get lost in nature and you will find yourself.
- Nature is the greatest place to heal and recharge.
- You are never alone when you are connected with nature.
- Good vibes only.
- I am a tree hugging, flower sniffing, animal kissing, planet loving, dirt worshiper and proud of it.
- Follow your soul. It knows the way.
- Let’s take our heart for a walk in the woods and listen to the magic whispers of old trees….
- Swapping the concrete jungle for a jungle jungle.
🙉 Funny Captions for Nature Photos
Nature is full of fun experiences and often hilarious moments.
These funny captions for nature photos capture the more playful side of spending time outdoors.
- I have a therapist; her name is NATURE.
- “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” – Sir Rannulph Fiennes
- I googled my symptoms… turned out I just needed to be surrounded by nature.
- Keep it natural.
- “When birds burp, it must taste like bugs.” – Bill Watterson
- Go the extra mile, it’s never crowded!
- “Camping is a humanitarian effort to help feed hungry mosquitoes.” – Melanie White
- Nature, it’s cheaper than therapy.
- I’d like to connect with nature but there’s no USB port.
- All the trees are losing their leaves, and not one of them is worried.
- “Nature: where you can get away from everyone, except yourself.” – Melanie White
- “Winter is my favorite time of year. Everything I’m allergic to is dead.” – Robert Waldo Brunelle Jr.
- “A lawn is nature under totalitarian rule.” – Michael Pollan
- Get lost in nature and you will
find yourselfquite possibly die.
- Imagine if trees gave off Wifi signals, we would be planting so many trees and we’d probably save the planet too.
🙈 Nature Puns
These fun nature pun include hilarious plays on words. Hopefully they’ll make you giggle or at least bring a smile to your face!
- There’s snow place like this.
- Try branching out.
- This river is too mainstream.
- The view is blossom.
- These waterfalls have me roaring with excitement.
- Take a peak around.
- I’m at a moss for words
- Plants are my soil mates.
- Dew you love morning walks in the woods?
- All you seed is love.
- Take it or leaf it.
- Go against the green.
- Best ferns forever.
- You are fernfastic.
- May the forest be with you!
- This view is tree-mendous!
🌸 Nature Quotes for Instagram
These nature quotes are perfect to start your Instagram caption with, engaging your audience before including more information about the image or yourself.
Of course, you can always just keep it simple and make it your whole caption!
- “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
- “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “The earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” – Gary Snyder
- “I just wish the world was twice as big and half of it was still unexplored.” – David Attenborough
- “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
- “Nature is loved by what is best in us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Rich with the spoils of nature.” – Thomas Browne
- “I love not Man the less, but Nature more.” – Lord Byron
- “I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” – Anne Frank
🦋 Quotes on the Beauty of Nature
Nature’s beauty has inspired many to write or talk about its wonders.
These quotes on the beauty of nature encompass the feelings that the splendor of the wild provokes in us.
- “On Earth, there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it.” – Jules Renard
- “To me, a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” – Helen Keller
- “…and then, I have nature and art and poetry, and if that is not enough, what is enough?” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Nature’s beauty is a gift that cultivates appreciation and gratitude.” – Louie Schwartzberg
- “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” – Alice Walker
- “Tranquility, serenity, and beauty of nature taught me how to find happiness in life and in the silence of eternity.” – Debasish Mridha.
📸 Captions for Nature Photography
Nature photography allows us to share the wonders of the world, and the right words to accompany them can help to further captivate your audience. These captions for nature photography aim to do just that!
- Nature is the best artist.
- Nature is endlessly beautiful.
- Slow down and enjoy the view.
- “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” – Issac Newton
- Searching for the views that take my breath away.
- “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
- Nature provides the best canvas.
- There is no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.
- Nature speaks softly. You have to listen to it carefully.
- Beautiful things don’t ask for attention.
- “Nothing is art if it does not come from nature.” – Antoni Gaudi
- Nature’s beauty, frame by frame.
🏔 Nature Photography Quotes
Mother Nature has provided us with some truly awe-inspiring landscapes. These nature quotes help encapsulate our admiration for the natural world.
- “If you can’t be in awe of Mother Nature, there’s something wrong with you.” – Alex Trebeck
- “At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint, or even remember it. It is enough.” – Toni Morrison
- “Land really is the best art.” – Andy Warhol
- “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.” – John Ruskin
- “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
- “Into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
- “The earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry
- “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Nature is the art of God.” – Dante Alighieri
🌈 Inspirational Nature Quotes
We can find many similarities between our own lives and nature, and the natural world is often used as metaphors for life.
It’s therefore no surprise that there are so many inspirational nature quotes, such as these famous quotations from throughout the ages.
- “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu
- “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “Keep close to nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
- “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble.” – Blaise Pascal
- “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.” – Henry van Dyke
- “Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- “Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.” – Winston Churchill
- “A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.” – James Russell Lowell
- “The goal of life is living in agreement with nature.” – Zeno
- “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its roots in earth and manure.” – D. H. Lawrence
- “Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.” – Rumi
- “The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.” – Galileo
🌅 Instagram Caption Nature Quotes
The quotes below can provide the perfect caption for nature.
- “Colors are the smiles of nature.” – Leigh Hunt
- “Going to the mountains is like going home.” – John Muir
- “Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.” – Katrina Mayer
- “Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are.” – Gretel Ehrlich
- “Laws change; people die; the land remains.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it.” – Charlotte Eriksson
- “Men argue. Nature acts.” – Voltaire
- “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.” – Edward Abbey
- “Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” – Theodore Roethke
- “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Choose only one master – nature.” – Rembrandt
- “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” – Aristotle
- “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!'” – Robin Williams
- “Leave the roads; take the trails.” – Pythagoras
- “Being able to smell the fresh air and disconnect from the news and your phone- there’s nothing like it.” – Jason Ward
- “Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.” – Theodore Roethke
- “The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
🐼 Protecting Nature Quotes
Life is intrinsically linked with nature and our environment is currently facing so many threats. It’s therefore no surprise that there are so many quotes about protecting nature.
- Love the earth as you would love yourself.
- “The truth is: the natural world is changing. And we are totally dependent on that world. It provides our food, water, and air. It is the most precious thing we have and we need to defend it.” – Sir David Attenborough
- “We must not only protect the countryside and save it from destruction, we must restore what has been destroyed and salvage the beauty and charm of our cities … Once our natural splendor is destroyed, it can never be recaptured. And once man can no longer walk with beauty or wonder at nature, his spirit will wither and his sustenance be wasted.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “For most of history, man has had to fight nature to survive; in this century he is beginning to realise that, in order to survive, he must protect it.” – Jacques-Yves Cousteau
- “It’s not just the iconic mountains and parks that we protect. It’s the forests where generations of families have hiked and picnicked and connected with nature.” – Barack Obama
- “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” – Carl Sagan
- “To save wildlife and wild places the traction has to come not from the regurgitation of bad news data but from the poets, prophets, preachers, professors, and presidents who have always dared to inspire.” – J Drew Lanham
- “I don’t understand why when we destroy something created by man we call it vandalism, but when we destroy something by nature we call it progress.” – Ed Begley Jr.
🌷 Beautiful Quotes About Nature
From tiny plants to mighty mountains, the details of nature are truly mesmerizing. These beautiful nature quotes can transport you back into the wild.
- “Birds have always had the ability to bring me out of a dark space and provide relief in bad times.” – Jason Ward
- “Between every two pines there is a doorway to a new world.” – John Muir
- “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
- “It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living.” – Sir David Attenborough
- “I think Nature’s imagination is so much greater than man’s, she’s never gonna let us relax!” – Richard Phillip Feynman
- “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery- air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.” – Sylvia Plath
- “The Amen of nature is always a flower.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- “I believe the best way to begin reconnecting humanity’s heart, mind, and soul to nature is for us to share our individual stories.” – J. Drew Lanham
- “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Nature is an infinite sphere of which the center is everywhere and the circumference nowhere.” – Blaise Pascal
- “Never, no, never did nature say one thing and wisdom another.” – Edmund Burke
☀️ Best Nature Quotes
Nature surrounds us and has enthralled many of us, regardless of our background.
Some of the best nature quotes have come from a variety of well known people from a variety of fields. These include everything from famous writers to presidents, artists, biologists, philosophers, and even Nobel Prize winners.
- “I believe in God, only I spell it N.A.T.U.R.E.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
- “I can’t remember a time when I was not fascinated by nature. I would say that nearly all children find wildlife interesting. You only have to show a child a snail or a spider to see that he or she is captivated by it. So of those that lose that interest with the onset of adulthood, I can only ask: ‘How on earth did you let it happen?’” – David Attenborough
- “The antidote to exhaustion isn’t rest. It’s nature.” – Shikoba
- “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs
- “If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand.” – The Buddha
- “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” – William Shakespeare
- “I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.” – Aldo Leopold
- “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” – Gerard De Nerval
- “We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.” – Albert Einstein
- “My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature.” – Claude Monet
- “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
- “All my life through, the new sights of nature made me rejoice like a child.” – Marie Curie
- “A reasoning being would lose his reason, in attempting to account for the great phenomena of nature.” – George Washington
- “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” – Jimmy Carter
- “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” – George Santayana
🐘 Learning from Nature Quotes
There’s a lot to be learned from nature and we often draw wisdom from it. These nature quotes are all about learning from the world around us.
- “An understanding of the natural world is a source of not only great curiosity, but great fulfillment.” – David Attenborough
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
- “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach of us more than we can ever learn from books.” – John Lubbock
- “There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story.” – Linda Hogan
- “If we surrendered to earth’s intelligence, we could rise up rooted like trees.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Come forth into the light things, let nature be your teacher.” – William Wordsworth
- “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” – Rachel Carson
- “The wilderness holds answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.” – Nancy Newhall
- “Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.” – John Burroughs
- “Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.” – Walt Whitman
- “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
- “The environment, after all, is where we all meet, where we all have a mutual interest. It is one thing that all of us share. It is not only a mirror of ourselves, but a focusing lens on what we can become.” – Lady Bird Johnson
- “Nature to be commanded must be obeyed.” – Francis Bacon
🌋 Natural Landscape Quotes
Landscapes are perhaps the grand masterpieces of nature. Constructed by millions of tiny details and organisms, they amalgamate to form grandiose scenes that remind us of the brilliance of nature.
- “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.”
- “I know of no pleasure deeper than that which comes from contemplating the natural world and trying to understand it.” – Sir David Attenborough
- “How sublime to look down on the workhouse of nature, to see her clouds, hail, snow, rain, thunder, all fabricated at our feet!” – Thomas Jefferson
- “The lake and the mountains have become my landscape, my real world.” – Georges Simenon
- “The beauty of the landscape – where sand, water, reeds, birds, buildings, and people all somehow flowed together – has never left me.” – Zaha Hadid
- “The soul of a landscape, the spirits of the elements, the genius of every place will be revealed to a loving view of nature.” – Karl Jaspers.
- “It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “I love nature, I love the landscape, because it is so sincere. It never cheats me. It never jests. It is cheerfully, musically earnest. I lie and relie on the earth.” – Henry David Thoreau.
- “The beauty of the natural world lies in the details.” – Natalie Angier
- “Somewhere on your journey, don’t forget to stop and enjoy the view.”
- “Landscape is a piece that is emotional and psychological.” – Jim Hodges.
- “Our forests offer much more than just beautiful landscapes and wildlife. Each one has a different story to tell.” – Raveena Tandon
- “The landscape belongs to the person who looks at it…” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Life is like a landscape. You live in the midst of it but can describe it only from the vantage point of distance.” – Charles Lindbergh
🎆 Beautiful Scenery Quotes
If you’re looking for a caption for nature, you have undoubtedly been struck by the beautiful scenery of the world. These quotes help to summarize nature’s magnificence.
- “With a view like this, I’m never leaving.”
- “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “A change in scenery can help everything.”
- “National parks and reserves are an integral aspect of intelligent use of natural resources. It is the course of wisdom to set aside an ample portion of our natural resources as national parks and reserves, thus ensuring that future generations may know the majesty of the earth as we know it today.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Not just beautiful, though – the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they’re watching me.” – Haruki Murakami
- “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” – Henri Matisse
- “Those who find beauty in all of nature will find themselves at one with the secrets of life itself.” – L.Wolfe Gilbert
- “To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.” – Jane Austen
- “Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”
🍃 One Word Nature Captions
It is often quoted that a picture is worth a 1000 words, and we’re inclined to agree. Sometimes the photo can do most of the talking for you. In these cases, one word nature captions can be plenty.
🍁 Final thoughts on the 275+ Best Nature Captions and Quotes for Instagram
The two of us work very hard to create these free travel guides to help you plan your dream vacation. If you think we’ve done a good job and would like to say thanks, please consider clicking the donate button below 🙂
We absolutely love being out photographing nature and hope that these nature quotes and captions may have inspired your next adventure, or completed that perfect Instagram post!
Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram if you use any of them – we love seeing your photos and sharing them!
Before you go, check out our other quotes blogs for more inspiration:
- 200+ Best Beach Quotes
- 145+ Sea Quotes
- Best Quotes About Road Trips
- 130+ Sunset Quotes and Captions for Instagram
- Hiking Quotes to Inspire You
- Top Mountain Quotes
- 160+ Waterfall Quotes & Captions for Instagram