Baldwin Beach Park is widely considered the best beach on the North Shore of Maui. More than just a beach, this park offers basketball courts, BBQ pits, restrooms, showers, and even a covered picnic area right in the sand.
Pillowy-soft white sand and vibrant turquoise ocean water complete the tropical scenery, set against the majestic West Maui Mountain range in the distance.
Travelers considering a visit to the Maui North Shore or thinking of stopping in as they begin the Road to Hana will find everything they need to know about visiting in this complete guide to Baldwin Beach Park.
We have provided information on how to get there, services available, descriptions, photos, and more.
Baldwin Beach Park Overview
- Nearest Town: Paia (voted a Top 10 town in Maui to visit!)
- Parking: Large parking lot open from 7am-8pm.
- Fees: None. Parking and entry at Baldwin Beach Park are free.
- Public Bathrooms? Yes, large facilities.
- Picnic Benches? Yes, covered picnic benches are available on the shore.
- Showers? Yes.
- Grills? Yes.
- Lifeguard? Yes.
Thriving palm trees decorate the park entrance and create those chill aloha vibes before your toes even touch the soft white sand. With its tropical blue and aqua water, pristine white sand shore, mountain views, and lush greenery, Baldwin Beach Park is definitely the best beach on the North Shore of Maui.
Add in the many amenities made available, including a shaded seating area for having a picnic on the beach, lifeguard, clean restrooms, showers, and recreational facilities and you have one of the best beaches in all of Hawaii!
The park is open daily from 7am-8pm. After this time, the parking is gated and vehicles can be ticketed or towed. Full facilities are available, including a lifeguard, as indicated above.
The beach itself is a wide open space running in both directions. If you walk all the way to the left (facing the ocean), you will eventually come to another popular destination known as Sprecklesville Beach.
How to Get to Baldwin Beach Park
With Navigation: Your GPS will recognize this famous beach by name.
General Directions: Baldwin Beach Park is located off of Hana Hwy less than 1-mile west of Paia town. A large, unmissable sign and tall palm trees at the gate indicate the entry point.
When to Visit
The best time to visit Baldwin Beach Park is either in the morning when the beach is quiet and the water calm, or at sunset.
Depending on the time of year, the sun will go down behind or nearby the West Maui Mountains in the distance, creating a magical Maui sunset.
The park officially closes at 8pm and the gate will be locked eventually, though usually not at 8pm sharp. Any vehicles left inside may be ticketed or towed. Therefore, ensure you stay nearby if you want to enjoy the sunset and linger.
Baldwin Beach Park FAQs
Learn the answers to the most frequently asked questions for visiting this North Shore beach park by clicking the dropdown arrows below.
Is Baldwin Beach good for swimming and snorkeling?
Baldwin Beach is ok for short swims close to the shore as there is very little lava rock or coral reef to contend with. However, it is not good for snorkeling or lengthy swims as it is known for having powerful shore breaks and strong currents.
Even when the surf is gentle, the snorkeling at Baldwin Beach is a little underwhelming compared to other beaches on the Maui North Shore.
How much is parking at Baldwin Beach in Maui?
Parking is free at Baldwin Beach in Maui. Further, there is no charge for entry or use of services.
Baldwin Beach Park Photo Gallery
The Baldwin Beach Park photo gallery above showcases the outstanding beauty of this north shore gem.
The tropical colors of the sand, trees, and water look like something straight out of a postcard. It is no wonder this incredible shoreline is often considered one of the best beaches of Hawaii.
More Maui Beaches & Travel Guides
Before you go, you may want to skim some of the titles for other relevant Maui guides below to ensure you do not miss any epic beaches, sunset destinations, or noteworthy things to do during your visit to the Valley Isle!
- MAUI PACKING LIST: A printable essential packing list + 25 useful items to consider
- 7 DAY MAUI ITINERARY: How to see the entire island in one week
- WHERE TO STAY ON MAUI: The best places and areas to stay on the island
- PLANNING A TRIP TO MAUI: Step-by-step guide for planning your first visit to Maui
- ROAD TO HANA STOPS: The Top 25 places to visit on the Road to Hana
- ROAD TO HANA ITINERARY: How to plan for a 1-2 day self-drive.
- BEST MAUI PHOTO SPOTS: 15 best places for photographing Maui
- SECRET BEACHES OF MAUI: The 10 most incredible hidden beaches on the island
- MAUI SUNSETS: The Top 10 places & activities for watching sunset in Maui
- KIHEI BEACHES GUIDE: Photos, locations, and descriptions for all 15 beaches in Kihei
- BEST SNORKELING IN MAUI: Best snorkel spots, tips, tours, and more.
The two of us work very hard to create these free travel guides to help you plan your dream vacation. If you think we’ve done a good job and would like to say thanks, please consider clicking the donate button below 🙂
We hope you have found this guide to Baldwin Beach Park useful! Now we’d love to hear your thoughts!
Did we miss anything important? Are there any 2023 updates we need to make? Was it everything you hoped it would be?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!