Charley Young Beach is one of the quieter beaches in South Kihei despite being one of the most beautiful in the area as well.
Located at the northern end of Kam 1, this beautiful golden shoreline is perfect for sunbathing or relaxing in the shade provided by tropical palm trees overhanging the beach.
While not quite as popular or famous as the neighboring beaches of Kamaole Beach Park, it is the peace that comes with the anonymity that makes this spot so special.
Learn how to find this beach as well as what to expect and answers to the most frequently asked questions in this complete guide to Charley Young Beach.
Spending some time in the region? Discover all 15 beaches in our
COMPLETE GUIDE TO THE BEACHES OF KIHEI
Disclosure: In order to keep providing you with free content, this post likely contains affiliate links. If you make a booking or purchase through one of these links we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. So a HUGE thank you to you if you click one of these links 🙂
🏖 Charley Young Beach Overview
🛒 SERVICES NEAR CHARLEY YOUNG BEACH
- Nearest Town: Kihei
- Parking? A small parking lot is available
- Public Bathrooms? Portapotties
- Picnic Benches? No
- Showers? Yes
- Grills? No
- Lifeguard? No
☀️ ABOUT CHARLEY YOUNG BEACH
Kihei is a lengthy shoreline on the west coast of South Maui. There are 15 Kihei beaches in total, and many consider Charley Young Beach to be the best of all.
While the Kamaole Beaches are the more popular, it is this notoriety and popularity that drives many to seek the peace and quiet of this neighboring shore. Despite being a continuation of Kam 1, most visitors don’t venture this far up the beach!
The downside to Charley Young Beach is that there are far more rocks lining the shore, making it a less appealing destination for swimming. However, the north reef can provide some good snorkeling when the conditions are calm and it is common to encounter Hawaiian green sea turtles here.
Most visitors are locals who enjoy bodyboarding and surfing here.
DISCOVER MORE OF MAUI:
The Perfect Maui Itinerary for an Unforgettable Vacation
🚗 How to Get to Charley Young Beach
Getting to Charley Young Beach with Navigation
Input “Charley Young Beach” into your navigation search, but know that the parking lot will be a little before your “final destination”.
As you turn onto Kai’au Place, the parking lot will be immediately to your right.
Driving Directions to Charley Young Beach
Heading north on South Kihei Road, turn left onto Kai’au Place and the parking lot will be an immediate right turn.
The parking lot for Charley Young Beach is on the corner of Kai’au Place and South Kihei Road, opposite Maui Vista.
As you walk out of the parking lot, take a right and you will reach the entrance to the beach.
🌺 More Maui Beaches & Travel Guides
The two of us work very hard to create these free travel guides to help you plan your dream vacation. If you think we’ve done a good job and would like to say thanks, please consider clicking the donate button below 🙂
Before you go, you may want to skim some of the titles for other relevant Maui guides below to ensure you do not miss any epic beaches, sunset destinations, or noteworthy things to do during your visit to the Valley Isle!
- MAUI PACKING LIST: A printable essential packing list + 25 useful items to consider
- 7 DAY MAUI ITINERARY: How to see the entire island in one week
- WHERE TO STAY ON MAUI: The best places and areas to stay on the island
- PLANNING A TRIP TO MAUI: Step-by-step guide for planning your first visit to Maui
- ROAD TO HANA STOPS: The Top 25 places to visit on the Road to Hana
- ROAD TO HANA ITINERARY: How to plan for a 1-2 day self-drive.
- BEST MAUI PHOTO SPOTS: 15 best places for photographing Maui
- SECRET BEACHES OF MAUI: The 10 most incredible hidden beaches on the island
- MAUI SUNSETS: The Top 10 places & activities for watching sunset in Maui
- KIHEI BEACHES GUIDE: Photos, locations, and descriptions for all 15 beaches in Kihei
- BEST SNORKELING IN MAUI: Best snorkel spots, tips, tours, and more.