As the name suggests, Cove Beach Park is a small cove with golden sand and a few basic services for visitors. It is located at the southern end of Kalama Park in South Maui and is one of 15 beautiful beaches in Kihei.
This beach is most popular with surfers, bodyboarders, and stand-up paddleboarders, as well as casual beachgoers. The sheltered cove keeps the waves gentle, ideal for the surf lessons that are held here.
Discover everything you need to know for visiting this small Kihei cove below.
Disclosure: In order to keep providing you with free content, this post likely contains affiliate links. If you make a booking or purchase through one of these links we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. So a HUGE thank you to you if you click one of these links 🙂
Cove Beach Park Photo Gallery
The photo gallery above showcases what you can expect to see on a visit to Cove Beach Park.
This small beach is mostly popular for people learning to surf and/or stand up paddleboard, but the palms also provide some aloha vibes to the golden-sand cove.
EXPLORE MORE OF THE AREA:
Complete Guide to ALL 15 Kihei Beaches
Cove Beach Park Overview
- Nearest Town: Kihei
- Parking? A small parking lot is available but often full
- Public Bathrooms? Porta-potties
- Picnic Benches? Yes
- Showers? Yes
- Grills? Yes
- Lifeguard? No
Cove Beach Park is a small, gold-sand beach in South Kihei on the Hawaiian island of Maui. It is located within a sheltered cove that keeps the water calm and still, making it an ideal place for learning to surf, stand-up paddleboard lessons, and swimming.
If you continue south of the cove just a short way, you will discover another secluded sandy beach that most don’t ever get to! This Maui secret beach is a better option for laying out, swimming and/or snorkeling.
DISCOVER MORE OF MAUI:
The Perfect Maui Itinerary for an Unforgettable Vacation
How to Get to Cove Beach Park
With Navigation: Enter “Cove Beach Park” into your navigation and it will bring you to the parking lot.
General Directions: The parking lot for Cove Beach Park is located on Iliili Rd, off of S Kihei Road. Coming from the north, turn right onto Iliili Rd, or turn left if coming from the south.
When to Visit
Sunset is the best time to visit Cove Beach Park if you want to experience one of the iconic Maui sunsets for which the island is known. The views of the western horizon are completely unobstructed and framed by tropical palms.
Most of the day will have calm waters here, but the mornings are particularly popular for water sports.
Other Relevant Maui Guides
Before you go, you may want to skim some of the titles for other relevant Maui guides below to ensure you do not miss any epic beaches, sunset destinations, or noteworthy things to do during your visit to the Valley Isle!
- HAWAII PACKING LIST: A printable essential packing list + 25 useful items to consider
- 5-7 DAY MAUI ITINERARY: How to see the entire island in one week or less
- WHERE TO STAY ON MAUI: The best places and areas to stay on the island
- PLANNING A TRIP TO MAUI: Step by step guide for planning your first visit to Maui
- ROAD TO HANA STOPS: The Top 25 places to visit on the Road to Hana
- ROAD TO HANA ITINERARY: How to plan for a 1-2 day self drive.
- BEST MAUI PHOTO SPOTS: 15 best places for photographing Maui
- SECRET BEACHES OF MAUI: The 10 most incredible hidden beaches on the island
- MAUI SUNSETS: The Top 10 places & activities for watching sunset in Maui
- KIHEI BEACHES GUIDE: Photos, locations, and descriptions for all 15 beaches in Kihei
- BEST SNORKELING IN MAUI: Best snorkel spots, tips, tours and more.