North Paia Beach is a small, unmarked sand beach on the Maui North Shore. The sand is coarse and not particularly photogenic nor inviting for swimming or sunbathing, but it is a very popular place for kiteboarding.
This secret beach is located near Paia, one of the best, most popular towns to visit in Maui.
Find pictures, services, directions, and other useful information in this complete guide to North Paia Beach below.
Disclosure: In order to keep providing you with free content, this post likely contains affiliate links. If you make a booking or purchase through one of these links we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. So a HUGE thank you to you if you click one of these links 🙂
🏖 North Paia Beach Photo Gallery
🧭 How to Get to North Paia Beach
Use the directions below to find parking at the beach. Once you have, you will have to cross a busy road and high-step the guard rail to get down to the beach below.
With Navigation: Input “Kiteboarding Hawaii” into your navigation for directions to the parking area.
General Directions: You will find North Paia Beach on the Hana Hwy as you travel east toward Hana. It is located just a quarter-mile past Mama’s Fish House traveling east, or a half-mile past Hookipa if traveling west.
🌴 North Paia Beach General Information
- Nearest Town: Paia
- Public Bathrooms? No – the nearest restrooms are in Paia or Hookipa Beach Park.
- Picnic Benches? No
- Showers? No
- Grills? No
- Lifeguard? No
The small beach at North Paia is not a typical tourist destination as the sand is coarse and filled with debris, with no services offered. There is also no signage nor official parking area, though a large dirt shoulder across the road typically has parking available.
North Paia Beach is primarily used for kitesurfing and locals fishing from the shore.
🌺 More Maui Travel Guides
The two of us work very hard to create these free travel guides to help you plan your dream vacation. If you think we’ve done a good job and would like to say thanks, please consider clicking the donate button below 🙂
Before you go, you may want to skim some of the titles for other relevant Maui guides below to ensure you do not miss any epic beaches, sunset destinations, or noteworthy things to do during your visit to the Valley Isle!
- MAUI PACKING LIST: A printable essential packing list + 25 useful items to consider
- 7 DAY MAUI ITINERARY: How to see the entire island in one week
- WHERE TO STAY ON MAUI: The best places and areas to stay on the island
- PLANNING A TRIP TO MAUI: Step-by-step guide for planning your first visit to Maui
- ROAD TO HANA STOPS: The Top 25 places to visit on the Road to Hana
- ROAD TO HANA ITINERARY: How to plan for a 1-2 day self-drive.
- BEST MAUI PHOTO SPOTS: 15 best places for photographing Maui
- SECRET BEACHES OF MAUI: The 10 most incredible hidden beaches on the island
- MAUI SUNSETS: The Top 10 places & activities for watching sunset in Maui
- KIHEI BEACHES GUIDE: Photos, locations, and descriptions for all 15 beaches in Kihei
- BEST SNORKELING IN MAUI: Best snorkel spots, tips, tours, and more.